R | McHale Law’s International Business Transactions practice represents foreign clients seeking to expand their business to the United States, as well as U.S. clients pursuing business opportunities overseas, with a particular emphasis on business transactions involving parties in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
Approaching each transaction from both a local and global perspective, our International Business Transactions practice balances an appreciation for, and sensitivity to foreign politics and cultures with the demands of the deal.
We have developed strategic working relationships with law firms throughout the world, allowing us to draw upon a team of multi-disciplinary and multi-jurisdictional expertise. Belonging to an international network of law firms, we have extensive experience collaborating with other lawyers, accountants and advisors in the international context, allowing us to ensure each client responsive representation with full requisite input.
Our International Business Transactions practice assists clients in a wide array of business matters involving numerous industries and various substantive legal issues, including:
- Structuring, negotiating and effecting international joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Advising on domestic and overseas investment opportunities
- Licensing, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks and copyrights in multiple jurisdictions
- Drafting and negotiating international supply agreements, service contracts, outsourcing and other commercial agreements
- Financing international business transactions and operations
- Advising on corporate governance and compliance matters relating to antitrust, competition, and trade regulations, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCRA), International Traffic in Arms Regulations/Export Administration Regulations (ITAR/EAR), and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) trade sanctions
- Assisting with business immigration issues, including establishing domestic subsidiaries, joint ventures, and affiliates, and obtaining proper visa clearances
Recognizing the interdisciplinary nature of international business transactions, R | McHale Law’s International Business Transactions practice draws on the experience, acumen and insight of the firm’s complementary service areas: General Corporate, Licensing & Technology Transactions, Privacy & Data Security, Proprietary Information & Trade Secrets, and Trademark, Trade Dress & Domain Names.