The Internet has radically transformed the way we communicate, interact and transact business, and constitutes a primary commerce medium for virtually every company operating today. R | McHale Law’s Internet, E-Commerce & New Media practice assists companies in navigating the constantly evolving and increasingly complex legal landscape surrounding the delivery of goods and services in an online environment. We are equally skilled with new media and counsel clients on a variety of transactions concerning social networking, digital media, and mobile technology.
We regularly advise internet service providers and online businesses on the many unique legal issues they confront, such as privacy and data security; cybercrimes; export restrictions; defamation and privacy and publicity rights; trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property protections (including the “safe harbor” protections under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)); domain name registrations and disputes; and electronic contracting.
Our services include the negotiation and drafting of:
- Application Service Provider (ASP) Agreements, Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreements, Cloud Computing Agreements, and other technology Service Agreements
- Consulting & Services Agreements
- Development Agreements
- Equipment Purchase & Lease Agreements
- Electronic & Mobile Payment Systems Agreements
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Agreements
- Inbound & Outbound License Agreements
- Marketing, Advertising & Referral Agreements
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Distribution & Reseller Agreements
- Outsourcing, Warehousing and Data Transfer & Storage Agreements
- Research & Development Agreements
- Support & Maintenance Agreements
- Technology Procurement, Integration & Implementation Agreements
- Webcasting, Podcasting, Video Distribution and other Multimedia Development & Distribution Agreements
Recognizing the interdisciplinary nature of e-Commerce and Internet law, R | McHale Law’s Internet, E-Commerce & New Media practice draws on the experience, acumen and insight of the firm’s complementary service areas: Licensing & Technology Transactions, Privacy & Data Security, Promotion, Marketing & Advertising, and Trademark, Trade Dress & Domain Names.